REPORTS TO: Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion and Associate Dean of the Faculty
OBJECTIVE: The Executive Assistant for the Office of the Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion and the Associate Dean of the Faculty provides executive support to the chief diversity officer at Lawrence University. The Executive Assistant serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituents in matters pertaining to the Office of Diversity & Inclusion. This position supports the mission of Lawrence University by managing the administrative support for efforts related to creating a more inclusive living, learning and work environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive and Managerial Support
- Manage the calendar and schedule appointments for the VP for the Office of Diversity & Inclusion and the Associate Dean of the Faculty.
- Act as a gatekeeper to the VP’s calendar and time, creating win-win situations for direct access for students, staff, faculty, administration and external constituents.
- Manage and coordinate daily support materials to meet required deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Create agendas, coordinate support materials, and create necessary documents and notes.
- Manage the Human Resources (Position Description, Posting, Hiring, Payroll, and Evaluation) responsibilities along with daily supervision responsibilities of student interns.
- Make necessary arrangements for VP’s travel (flight, hotel, registration, vehicle, etc.)
- Establish necessary files (electronic & hard copy) and records for the Office.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues, concerns, projects, and correspondence.
Communications and Coordination
- Edit and complete first drafts for written, electronic, and printed communications. Type, compose and/or proof general correspondence.
- Develop, maintain and update communication groups for electronic correspondence.
- Answer and direct incoming calls in a professional manner. Greet and assist individuals visiting the office.
- Coordinate all meetings and events. Reserve necessary rooms (Room registration and external sites). Order all catering needs (Catering Forms, external contacts). Request necessary AV and technical support, including videotaping.
- Request all needed supplies, books, equipment, furniture, etc for the Office.
- Create, coordinate, and disseminate necessary reports to VP and other management, faculty, staff, and students (Budget, BOT, Program demographic, Bias Incident Reports, etc).
- Communicate Office programs via LU Insider, Posters (Workzone, Project Initiation Forms, and Digital Signs).
- Create and coordinate necessary and appropriate marketing materials (business cards, bookmark, brochures, programs, posters, biographies, VP head shots).
- Coordinate and complete necessary Speaking engagement materials.
- Responsible for posting University posters and communications in the Sampson House.
- Work with other Executive management, administration, faculty, staff, students, and clients, in a professional and confidential manner. (HR, Accounting, Catering, Communications, Facilities, IT, etc.)
Planning and Budgeting
- Manage and track the expenses and budget of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Enter budget data and run appropriate and necessary monthly reports.
- Have an excellent knowledge of organizational planning, and budgeting and accounting processes.
- Complete necessary forms related to budget and accounting (expense reports, check requisitions, intramural transfers, Comdata reports).
- Coordinate planning and budget materials for the Office.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the annual report for the Office.
- Coordinate logistics for strategic planning events and Diversity Conference for office and university.
- Assist in the creation and communication of the Office’s Mission, Vision, and Theme.
- In coordination with administrative staff for the President’s and Dean of the Faculty’s Offices, develop and refine procedures and systems to effectively manage routine office functions.
- Participate in appropriate cross-training with other administrative staff in the building
- Serve on committees assigned by the Vice President.
- Undertake special duties assigned by the Vice President.
- Take necessary University training (Title IX, web design, etc.)
- Model cultural competence in executing the aforementioned duties.
- Strong organizational skills with evidence of an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects well.
- Understanding of basic descriptive statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in perspective taking and understanding cultural diversity as well as a commitment to fostering social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five year’s experience supporting executive or senior level management, preferably in an educational institution or non-profit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: 1) further diversifying the staff; and/or 2) demonstrating experience with successful diversity-related initiatives; and 3) showing commitment to the ongoing development of cultural competence necessary to address the needs of diverse employees and student body. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and individuals of diverse backgrounds.
See https://lawrencecareers.silkroad.com/lawrenceuniversity/About_Us.html for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community, including the New North Regional Guide which lists resources that promote diversity in the community.
The position will remain open until filled. However, to ensure full consideration of your application, please apply before April 11, 2018.